USING TEA BAGS FOR STYES
Tea bags are small porous bags that contain tea leaves and can be used to help heal or relieve a stye or inflamed swelling on the edge of the eyelid.
If you are one of the many sufferers of eye styes, you, like many, are searching for relief. One of the forms of relief that can be done via a home remedy is the use of tea bags. It has been argued that some home remedies don’t work, or that they are just “old wive’s tales,” and don’t have the credibility to be of any use. However, many home remedies, such as tea bag stye treatments can be effective if applied properly. They may not cure the problem completely, but they may offer a number of advantages for eye stye sufferers, such as:
- Tea is an herb that contains antibacterial elements known as tannin. Tannin is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, which reduces swelling and pain in the affected area. The reduction of inflammation is one of the primary goals of eye stye treatments, since the inflammation causes much of the pain and irritation. It’s like the old idea that if you cannot cure the problem, make the patient feel better. And it works. Also, since it harbors a strong antibacterial element, it may be able to keep the area more clean and free of irritants that can make the condition worse.
- The warmth from the heated tea bag provides temporary relief from the irritation and itchy feeling people get from styes. They may also rest their eyes more when using a tea bag stye pack and forget about their stye for awhile. It is best to rest your eyes as much as possible when suffering from an eye stye, so you will reduce the additional irritation of red, itchy eyes due to tiredness.
- Another reason tea bag stye cures are good is that they produce steam. Steam helps release the eye pus pockets that are retaining the bad bacteria and may serve to soften the skin surrounding the eye and let it drain naturally at a faster rate.
- Tea bag stye remedies are inexpensive. If you choose to use this method exclusively, you will not have to go to the doctor and pay doctor’s fees, money for antibacterial medications, and such like. Home remedies are very cheap and easy for anyone to do at home and that is one of the reasons people sometimes choose to use it.
- This method does not require the use of chemicals, which can further irritate the eye. Unlike various antibacterial ointments and ingredients, tea bags are readily found in your kitchen and do not contain chemicals other than tannin and tea leaves, which are soothing to your stye eye condition.
If you do decide to use tea bag stye remedies, follow these steps for maximum results:
- Take a tea bag, soak it in warm water then take out the bag.
- Let the tea bag cool off a bit (you don’t want it too hot), then gently place it on the eyelids.
- Let the tea bag stay on your eyelids for awhile to get relief from the itching and pain.
Tea bags are a good possible remedy to try for conditions of eye stye. As stated before, they may not cure your malady but they will provide some relief and help you deal with the condition in a much more comfortable manner. One side note about tea bags: Not only are they a good home remedy for eye styes, but they also provide relief for other eye conditions such as dry eye, irritation and redness, eye allergies, and pink eye. So if you have an eye stye, get out the tea even if it’s not “tea time.” It just might provide some relief. It sure can’t hurt any!
Leave a comment, ask a question, or share your experience!
Searches related to tea bag for stye
- green tea bag for stye
- chamomile tea bag for stye
- home remedies for styes in your eyes
- tea bag on stye overnight
- tea bag on eye infection
- how to put a tea bag on a stye
- can a tea bag help a stye
- what kind of tea bag for stye
- chamomile tea bag for stye
- tea tree oil for stye
- coconut oil for stye
- turmeric paste for stye
- apple cider vinegar stye
- home remedy for stye on upper eyelid